I like using essential oils or blends of them in diffusers while I work. The world of aromatherapy and oils is quite an interesting one, although it can also be quite scammy in terms of claims and products.
When buying essential oils you need to make sure you’re buying the right quality, which means products that are 100% natural. If the price looks too good and it comes from suspicious vendors (looking at the Chinese ones on Amazon especially here) you should look away.
In the United States, companies like Doterra have quite a bad reputation due to their MLM-type structure and outlandish health claims, so be aware of things that are too good to be true.
In Spain, I’ve encountered a few reputable brands:
- Essenciales – only available from their online store
- Sisen – high-end brand with excellent info about each oil
- Phytofrance – very good French brand
- Pranarom – French brand found in many local shops
- Terpenic – a Spanish brand
In Barcelona a good shop for essential oils is Arke.