I have the good fortune of currently living in the amazing city of Barcelona, with it’s outdoor life culture and tons of restaurants and cafes.
Armed with my trusty Brompton and uber-light Macbook, I frequently head out to work from the cafes that dot this city. In this post, I will be listing my favorite cafes and libraries.
If you’re an entrepreneur or digital nomad and you also live in Barcelona, make sure to join the Barcelona Digital Nomads and Entrepreneurs group, where you’ll find lots more advice on making the most of the city.
The following list will be periodically updated as I try out more places, but please do leave a comment if you know of any particular place that is pleasant to work from and has good Wi-Fi.
- Cafe Odelis
- Sandwichez Via Augusta – this is a chain, they have several all over Barcelona.
- Buenas Migas – this is a chain, they have several all over Barcelona.
- On y va
- Oh Bo
- Mama’s Cafe – Good WiFi and quiet enough for a few hours of work, depending on time of day.
- Petit a Petit Cafe
- Cafe Camelia – nice place with a family atmosphere, WiFi quite slow (40ms/1.5mb/0.5mb). Not recommended for online serious work.
- El Molinet
- Bo de Debo – not the nicest place in terms of furnishing and ambience, but very fast wifi and great croissants.
- Babelia Books & Coffee – very nice library atmosphere and good healthy good.
- La Terrenal – very healthy food, time limited WiFi (around an hour). Quiet in the mornings, gets busy between 1:30 and 3:30.
- Hotel Pulitzer lobby
- El Petit Princep
- Petit Pot
- Coco Coffice – a new concept in Barcelona, where you pay by the hour and have access to refreshments and coffee.
Sant Pere, Santa Caterina i la Ribera
- Federal Cafe – On the expensive side but exquisite food and coffee and a nice ambience to work from.
Here’s a Google Sheet by my friend Theo that lists several places that he tried out, it’s a good reference point too.
Looking forward to your suggestions!