Welcome to my personal blog! I’m Jean Galea, a thirty-something man currently residing in Barcelona. If you want to learn more about me, check out the about page.
Online investing is a topic I’m passionate about and one I write about a lot on this blog. Here are some of my top posts on this topic:
- 🍓 PeerBerry Review 2020
- Is Gold a Good Investment for YOU?
- Investment Fintechs are more than P2P – a look into Iban Wallet’s model
- Special offer from Grupeer – Win 150 EUR!
- Nibble Review 2020
- Profitus Review 2020
- Reinvest24 Review 2020 – A Trustworthy Real Estate Platform
- Crowdestor Review 2020 – Excellent 17.17% Returns
- 🏠 EstateGuru Review 2020 – 11.95% Returns on Property-Backed Loans
- Grupeer Review 2020 – A Fast Growing P2P Lending Platform
- I’ll be Attending the P2P Conference in Riga (June 2020)
- 🤔 Monethera Review 2020 – Serious Concerns about this P2P Lending Platform
- Why You Shouldn’t Ask For Financial Advice Online
- 👎 Envestio – Another P2P Lending Scam?
- Where Can Businesses Invest Their Retained Earnings?
- 🎁 Mintos Sweatshirt and Baseball Cap Giveaway!
- 🤔 FAST INVEST Review 2020 – A Risky Bet
- Scam P2P Lending Platform Kuetzal Shuts Down Operations
- NEO Finance Review 2020
- 📈 Where to Find Market Data on P2P Lending Platforms
I also write about other general business topics:
- How to Get Rich Without Getting Lucky
- Recruiting Successfully
- Best Payment Gateways for WordPress Businesses (apart from Stripe)
- Can You Withdraw Money from 2Checkout to TransferWise Borderless?
- How to Buy App Store Software for Your Team
- Banqia Review – Not Trustworthy
- Best Websites About Flag Theory, Low Taxation and Offshore Companies
- The Tax Benefits of Residing in Andorra
- The Best Networking and Personal Development Groups for Entrepreneurs
- The Science of Pricing (Infographic)
- Currency Conversions: Your Bank VS Currencyfair VS Transferwise
- PayPal Stiffs Sellers With Changes in Refund Policy
- Should You Withdraw From PayPal to Card or Bank Account?
- Where to Buy and Sell Websites – The Best Brokers and Marketplaces
- Most Efficient European Tax Structures for Company Owners in 2020
- How to Check the Instant Payment Notification (IPN) History in PayPal
- 💳 Linking Virtual Bank Accounts and Cards to PayPal (Revolut, TransferWise etc)
- Bank Accounts in Malta – HSBC VS BOV
- Documenting Procedures Using Screencasts
- All About Transferwise Borderless Banking
Noting down life lessons as I stumble through life is also something I do here.
- Why I Don’t Cook Anymore
- Amateurs VS Professionals
- Why You Should Avoid Herbalife and Other MLM Bullshit
- Careful with Buying the Digital Nomad in Thailand Dream
- Intermittent Fasting
- My Take on Nationality
- Getting Your Priorities Straight
- How Poker Can Improve Your Self-Confidence
- Best Skeptic Resources
- Practical Mindfulness – Dealing with Irritation
- How to Determine Your Chronotype and Plan Accordingly
- Navigating Through Life’s Scams, Quackery, Fake Science and Outright Bullshit
- Avoiding Smartphone and Social Media addiction
- Your Life in Perspective
- My Thoughts on Formal Education and University Degrees
- How the Dickens Process Can Completely Change Your Outlook to Life
- My Thoughts on Vaccines and Vaccinations
- Find Three Hobbies
- The Power of the Caffeine Power Nap
- Do You Spend Your Time Differently than the Majority?
I also write about these other topics:
The rest of my articles that don’t fit in any of the above categories can be found in the General category.
Products I Use
I’m very passionate about products, and one of my hobbies consists of researching and trying out products.
I’ve written a post about how I found my ideal hosting for my WordPress sites, so you should definitely check that out if you want to know more about my selection process.
For a quick recommendation, however, these are my favorite web hosts:
High traffic sites:
The first thing you need when starting a new website is, of course, a domain name.
- Namesilo is where I’ve got most of my domains registered, they offer free WHOIS protection. Their .com domain registrations start from $8.99.
- Namecheap is where I register my .io domains. Prices for domains start at $3.98.
I recommend Freedom.to if you are looking for a cross-platform solution for blocking out distracting websites for stretches of time. It works flawlessly and will repay your investment very quickly. It is one of my essential tools since I suffer from the shiny object syndrome.
Similar applications are Focus and Self Control. Freedom is the only cross-platform solution at the moment. K9 web protection was also a good solution in the past but it seems to have been abandoned in recent years.
Music for Working
Here are my favorite sites/apps for listening to music while working:
If you require any other recommendations for resources not listed here, just get in touch and I’ll do my best to help you out.
Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links and I will earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you purchase through those links. These are all products/services that I currently use or have used before and I am recommending them because they are helpful and are companies that I trust.