Welcome to my personal blog! I’m Jean Galea, a thirty-something man currently residing in Barcelona. If you want to learn more about me, check out the about page.
Online investing is a topic I’m passionate about and one I write about a lot on this blog. Here are some of my top posts on this topic:
- Should I Buy or Rent a Garage / Parking Space for My Car?
- Why to Obtain Real Estate Finance from Real Estate Crowdfunding Platforms
- Why Should You Invest in Peer to Peer Lending?
- Best European Real Estate Crowdfunding Sites in 2018
- Best European Personal Finance Blogs in 2018
- How to Invest in Real Estate Development and Buy Apartments Online with Bulkestate.com
- How to Invest in the Italian Property Market Online
- How Property Crowdfunding is Taxed
- How Crowdlending is Taxed in Spain
- Blockchain Technology Will ‘Transform Business’ According To Survey
- REITs vs Property Crowdfunding vs Private Investing
- Evaluating an ICO
- How to Invest in Art Pieces Online
- Ratios and Shortcuts for Evaluating Real Estate Investments
- Yield VS Risk Relationship in Real Estate Investing
- Top People to Follow in Crypto
- The Best European Peer-to-Peer Lending Platforms in 2018
- What is the Best Cryptocurrency Portfolio Tracker?
- My Experience Investing with MyTripleA
- How Are Profits from Peer to Peer Loans Taxed?
I also write about other general business topics:
- Most Efficient European Tax Structures for Company Owners in 2018
- How to Check the Instant Payment Notification (IPN) History in PayPal
- Linking Virtual Bank Accounts and Cards to PayPal (Revolut, TransferWise etc)
- Documenting Procedures Using Screencasts
- All About Transferwise Borderless Banking
- The Cheapest Way to Pay Remote Workers in the Philippines for a European Company
- Improve Your Productivity By Using the Pomodoro Technique
- Maltese Bank BOV Moves Against Cryptos; Here’s How to Go Around the Restrictions
- Affiliate Income and EU MOSS VAT Treatment/Rules
- My Favourite European Tech & Business Conferences
- How To Send and Receive Faxes for Free Without a Fax Machine
- Web Summit 2016 Recap
- Should You Open Separate PayPal Accounts for Each of Your E-Commerce Stores?
- Should You Start a Podcast?
- Email Addresses to Set Up When Opening a Company
- Bitcoin, the Cheapest Way to do International Money Transfers
- Which PayPal E-Commerce Checkout Service Should You Use?
- Withdrawing Money From PayPal for Non-US Accounts
- PayPal Now Allows Withdrawing Money to Bank Accounts in Malta
- The Best Podcasts for Entrepreneurs in 2019
Noting down life lessons as I stumble through life is also something I do here.
- My Thoughts on Vaccines and Vaccinations
- Find Three Hobbies
- The Power of the Caffeine Nap
- Do You Spend Your Time Differently than the Majority?
- On Learning New Languages
- Using Representational Systems for More Effective Communication
- 6 Principles to Influence and Persuade People
- Just do it – On Being at Cause
- On Peak Performance
- Computers, Consoles, Games and They How Shaped My Future
- Why I Left Malta
- What I Learnt from Gary Vee and Tony Robbins
- Facing Our Fears
- The Tony Robbins Morning Priming Exercise
- The Magic of Three Goals
- Practicing Zen Meditation
- Best Music for Getting Work Done
- Don’t Be a Donkey
- Building Resilience
I also write about these other topics:
The rest of my articles that don’t fit in any of the above categories can be found in the General category.
Products I Use
I’m very passionate about products, and one of my hobbies consists of researching and trying out products.
I’ve written a post about how I found my ideal hosting for my WordPress sites, so you should definitely check that out if you want to know more about my selection process.
For a quick recommendation, however, these are my favorite web hosts:
High traffic sites:
The first thing you need when starting a new website is, of course, a domain name.
- Namesilo is where I’ve got most of my domains registered, they offer free WHOIS protection. Their .com domain registrations start from $8.99.
- Namecheap is where I register my .io domains. Prices for domains start at $3.98.
I recommend Freedom.to if you are looking for a cross-platform solution for blocking out distracting websites for stretches of time. It works flawlessly and will repay your investment very quickly. It is one of my essential tools since I suffer from the shiny object syndrome.
Similar applications are Focus and Self Control. Freedom is the only cross-platform solution at the moment. K9 web protection was also a good solution in the past but it seems to have been abandoned in recent years.
Music for Working
Here are my favorite sites/apps for listening to music while working:
If you require any other recommendations for resources not listed here, just get in touch and I’ll do my best to help you out.
Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links and I will earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you purchase through those links. These are all products/services that I currently use or have used before and I am recommending them because they are helpful and are companies that I trust.