I’ve had a wish to learn electronics for a very long time, and this year I took the plunge and bought some kit to get started. Here’s the stuff I bought and some other resources I found useful.
- Keyes electronics kit SMP0051
- NodeMCU ESP8266 Lua WiFi Internet Development Board (alternative to Arduino)
- Raspberry Pi3 Official Desktop Starter Kit 16GB
- XL830L Multimeter
- Eléctronica para makers – Guía completa
- Hacking Electronics
- Make: Electronics
- Make: More Electronics
- Startingelectronics.org – used their tutorials to build my first real circuits.
- Sparkfun.com – Great tutorials and quiz to learn the basics.
- Programming Electronics
- Building Electronic Circuits
- Speedway Motor’s All about electronic circuits for kids
Meetups in Barcelona
Electronics Shops in Spain
Electronics Hobby Manufacturers
- Mert Arduino on YouTube
- AskJerry Arduino Tutorials
- Udemy – Arduino Zero to Hero
- Udemy – Tech Explorations Arduino Step-by-step
- Udemy – Tech Explorations Raspberry Pi
Below are some schematics and pictures of projects I’ve completed so far.
LED with Button
I also tried the NodeMCU board. The first thing to do is to set up the Arduino IDE to be compatible with NodeMCU so you can follow the Arduino tutorials online without any problems. You need to install this and this first.
I eventually switched to an Arduino because it was easier to follow online tutorials and use the pins of the Arduino than those of the NodeMCU. Here’s a circuit I built with the Arduino.