Living in Barcelona is an absolute blast, and these mobile apps will help you get the best out of it. Most of these apps can be used by tourists visiting this city, and even other cities in Spain.
Scroll down towards the end of the post to get all the discounts and coupons to use when signing up for these services.
Food & Beverage
- Deliveroo – Get food delivered to your doorstep.
- Tripadvisor / Restaurant Guru / El Tenedor – Find the best restaurants and cafes.
- Mr Noow – Order from restaurants and pick it up yourself. Great for menu del dia.
- Ulabox – Order groceries and get them delivered to your door.
- Lolamarket – Online supermarket shopping.
- Deliberry – Order groceries from several shops and get them delivered to your door.
- Glovo – Delivery of anything you fancy.
- FreeNow – Cab hailing.
- Yego / eCooltra / Acciona – Scooter rental on demand. Scoot also rents e-bikes.
- Bicing – Bike rental on-demand.
- ParkMe – Find parking spaces and show prices of car parks.
- ElParking – Find parking spaces.
- Parkapp – Book parking spaces.
- Parclick – Cheaper parking.
- Bip&Drive – Easier and faster passage through toll road booths and parkings.
- Komoot – Directions for biking around town, I use it on my Apple Watch.
- Airbnb – Apartment and room rental.
- Badi – Find rooms for hire / rent out a room in your apartment.
- Booking – Best app for booking short-term stays worldwide
- Bucmi / Treatwell – Find and book wellness services.
- Andjoy – Monthly subscription to access hundreds of gyms.
- Meetup – Find like-minded people to hang out with, participate in sports activities, excursions, you name it!
- Playea – Search engine for beaches. It’s awesome.
- Tuenti – My favorite mobile phone network.
- Internations – Meet people wherever you are.
- Promofarma – Online pharmacy
- CallBlocker – A product from ListaSpam that blocks incoming spam calls.
Buying Flowers in Spain
A nice bouquet of flowers can brighten any woman’s day, and these days it’s easier than ever to order the perfect set of flowers from the comfort of your laptop or smartphone.
Here in Spain, my two favorite delivery services are Colvin and Flora2000.
This is a Spanish website that specialises in preparing and delivering flowers all over Spain. They have seasonal offers and you can also create your own bouquet if you wish.
Flowers are delivered in a very nice package that also includes sachets of flower food. This will help keep your flowers looking fresh for many days. All you have to do is empty the contents of the sachet in the vase containing the water and flowers and the flowers will keep themselves well-nourished for the next few days.
Flora2000 is a well-known international flower delivery service that is also present in Spain. It is ideal if you don’t speak Spanish and prefer dealing with an international service that can speak English and other languages. The service is available in Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, Valencia and many other Spanish cities and towns.
Flowers are delivered in a specially designed gift box to ensure freshness. Flora2000 uses local florists for the preparation of flowers so you will always get fresh flowers that have been prepared on the day.
How to Hire Handymen, Cleaners and other Home Services via App in Spain
One of the advantages of living in one of Spain’s big cities, such as Madrid or Barcelona, is the possibility of using mobile apps to find help in the house. You might need someone to help mount a new TV on the wall, or fix a broken door, or even help with cleaning windows. You can find professionals that perform those services and many others via app these days.
It’s pretty convenient; all you need to do is describe the task you need to be done, and you will then received offers from professionals. Once you choose the one you like best, you can set an appointment and they will turn up to do the work requested at the price agreed beforehand.
These are my favorite handyman and cleaning service apps that I use in Barcelona:
Another similar app is Glovo, which can be used to find people to help deliver any kind of product to your home. This is perfect for those days when you are injured or sick at home and need some assistance in getting foodstuffs or medicines delivered.
The Best Internet Connection Deals in Barcelona, Spain
If you live in Barcelona and the surrounding areas, you’re quite lucky when it comes to internet connections. Fiber optic is available almost everywhere with speeds up to 1000Gbps.
Most companies also offer packages that include a mobile phone sim card and contract on a monthly basis. We’re also seeing many of these companies offering contracts that allow you to change providers at any point in time.
Before, it used to be customary for a company to entice you with a good offer and tie you down for a minimum of 6 months or a year. Invariably the price would then go up so you had to make sure to set reminders to change the company once the initial discounted period is up.
Nowadays things are simpler. I would recommend two companies above all:
Both companies are owned by Movistar, which has the best 4g and fiber optic network in Spain. Tuenti offers a 50Gbps symmetric fiber optic connection + 4GB data on your phone for €40, while O2 offers 300GBps + 20GB data for €50.
Tuenti’s offer is enough for most people’s needs, but if you absolutely need 300Gbps and lots of data for your smartphone, go with O2 for an extra €10 per month.
Have I missed anything? Let me know in the comments section.