Barcelona is a fantastic place for food lovers. There is a wide variety of cuisines available to cater for all tastes and price points. Here are my favorites:
- Les Tres a la Cuina – Healthy homemade food lunch set menu at 9 Euro.
- The Green Spot – Excellent cocktails and the best vegan pizza ever. Might be overpriced, but the ingredients are top quality.
- Arc Iris – Menu del dia €9.50
- Daso – They have three branches, fantastic staff and healthy food.
- Miriot – Brazilian fusion restaurant with very innovative dishes and a menu del dia option at 12 Euro.
- Ziryab Fusion Tapas Bar – Great fusion tapas, recommended for a night out with friends as it gets noisy.
- Iakni – Best Lebanese food in Barcelona.
- Karakala – Our go to lunch set menu during the weekend. Lebanese food.
- La Macchina Pasta Bar – Quick and tasty pasta at decent prices.
- Nonna Maria – Authentic Italian food.
- La Balmesina – Check out the menu del dia too.
- Via Margutta
- Acqua & Farina
- Can Cortada – Superb service and great local food in a very traditional location.
- En Ville – Menu del dia €13.
- Casa Lolea – Take sangria and mushroom risotto.
- 9Nine – Amazing food and service especially if you for dinner.
- Nora BCN – Great menu del dia.
- Bacoa – Epic burgers. Many branches around town.
- Arcano – Good for steaks.
- Federal Cafe – Good food and coffee and excellent spot for working.
- Cafe Godot – Good but limited selection of plates, kid-friendly.
- Enkel – Great brunch selection including sandwiches, eggs in different styles, shakshuka and arepas. Nice juices too.
- La Esquina
- Check this site for more brunch options
- 130 Restaurant – Wagyu meat and fantastic service in La Bonanova
- Ekubo – Authentic Japanese in Eixample
- Barceloneta – A bit overpriced and service doesn’t feel homely, but paella is consistently good.
- El Raco del Aguir
- Taverna Hofmann
- Arroz i Peix
When I’m looking for something new I look at the Plateselector or Barcelona Food Experience websites to find new ones. Traveler also has a great list of menus del dia in Gracia, my favorite barrio in Barcelona.
If you’d like to learn what are the most typical dishes in Catalonia and other regions of the world, I recommend Taste Atlas.
What are your favorite restaurants in Barcelona?