Welcome to my personal blog! I’m Jean Galea, a thirty-something man currently residing in Barcelona. If you want to learn more about me, check out the about page.
Online investing is a topic I’m passionate about and one I write about a lot on this blog. Here are some of my top posts on this topic:
- The Best European Peer-to-Peer Lending Platforms in 2019
- What is the Best Cryptocurrency Portfolio Tracker?
- My Experience Investing with MyTripleA
- How Are Profits from Peer to Peer Loans Taxed?
- Guide to Investing in Cryptos
- Accounting for Cryptoassets
- The First Blockchain and Bitcoin Conference in Malta
- If You’re Not Investing, You’re Losing Money
- How to Invest in Portuguese Real Estate via Housers
- Commission-Free Stock Trading for European Investors
- Cryptocurrencies a Fraud and Scam, Really?
- How to Invest in German Real Estate
- Are We Heading to the Greatest Ever Financial Crash?
- The Best Cryptocurrency and ICO Resources
- I’m New to Online Investing, Where do I Start From?
- How to Invest in Spanish Real Estate Online
- How to Store your Cryptocurrency Tokens/Coins
- How are Bitcoin and Other Crytpocurrencies Taxed?
- How to Keep Track of Your Cryptocurrency Investments
- Is Bitcoin in a Bubble? Comparison and Contrast With Tulip Mania
I also write about other general business topics:
- Where to Buy and Sell Websites – The Best Brokers and Marketplaces
- Most Efficient European Tax Structures for Company Owners in 2019
- How to Check the Instant Payment Notification (IPN) History in PayPal
- Linking Virtual Bank Accounts and Cards to PayPal (Revolut, TransferWise etc)
- Documenting Procedures Using Screencasts
- All About Transferwise Borderless Banking
- The Cheapest Way to Pay Remote Workers in the Philippines for a European Company
- Improve Your Productivity By Using the Pomodoro Technique
- Maltese Bank BOV Moves Against Cryptos; Here’s How to Go Around the Restrictions
- Affiliate Income and EU MOSS VAT Treatment/Rules
- My Favourite European Tech & Business Conferences
- How To Send and Receive Faxes for Free Without a Fax Machine
- Web Summit 2016 Recap
- Should You Open Separate PayPal Accounts for Each of Your E-Commerce Stores?
- Should You Start a Podcast?
- Email Addresses to Set Up When Opening a Company
- Bitcoin, the Cheapest Way to do International Money Transfers
- Which PayPal E-Commerce Checkout Service Should You Use?
- Withdrawing Money From PayPal for Non-US Accounts
- PayPal Now Allows Withdrawing Money to Bank Accounts in Malta
Noting down life lessons as I stumble through life is also something I do here.
- My Thoughts on Vaccines and Vaccinations
- Find Three Hobbies
- The Power of the Caffeine Nap
- Do You Spend Your Time Differently than the Majority?
- On Learning New Languages
- Using Representational Systems for More Effective Communication
- 6 Principles to Influence and Persuade People
- Just do it – On Being at Cause
- Computers, Consoles, Games and They How Shaped My Future
- Why I Left Malta
- What I Learnt from Gary Vee and Tony Robbins
- Facing Our Fears
- The Tony Robbins Morning Priming Exercise
- The Magic of Three Goals
- Practicing Zen Meditation
- Best Music for Getting Work Done
- Don’t Be a Donkey
- Building Resilience
I also write about these other topics:
The rest of my articles that don’t fit in any of the above categories can be found in the General category.
Products I Use
I’m very passionate about products, and one of my hobbies consists of researching and trying out products.
I’ve written a post about how I found my ideal hosting for my WordPress sites, so you should definitely check that out if you want to know more about my selection process.
For a quick recommendation, however, these are my favorite web hosts:
High traffic sites:
The first thing you need when starting a new website is, of course, a domain name.
- Namesilo is where I’ve got most of my domains registered, they offer free WHOIS protection. Their .com domain registrations start from $8.99.
- Namecheap is where I register my .io domains. Prices for domains start at $3.98.
I recommend Freedom.to if you are looking for a cross-platform solution for blocking out distracting websites for stretches of time. It works flawlessly and will repay your investment very quickly. It is one of my essential tools since I suffer from the shiny object syndrome.
Similar applications are Focus and Self Control. Freedom is the only cross-platform solution at the moment. K9 web protection was also a good solution in the past but it seems to have been abandoned in recent years.
Music for Working
Here are my favorite sites/apps for listening to music while working:
If you require any other recommendations for resources not listed here, just get in touch and I’ll do my best to help you out.
Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links and I will earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you purchase through those links. These are all products/services that I currently use or have used before and I am recommending them because they are helpful and are companies that I trust.