Welcome to my personal blog! I’m Jean Galea, a thirty-something man currently residing in Barcelona. If you want to learn more about me, check out the about page.
Online investing is a topic I’m passionate about and one I write about a lot on this blog. Here are some of my top posts on this topic:
- Iban Wallet Investment Accounts Review 2019
- EvoEstate Review 2019 – A Real Estate Crowdfunding Aggregator
- Why I Don’t Care About Income and Net Worth Reports
- How to Buy Properties, Cars and Other Assets at a Discount in Spain via Bank Auctions
- NoviCap Review 2019 – Investing in Business Invoice Financing
- P2P Lending Glossary
- How to Invest in US and European Startups
- A talk about FIRE with Jørgen Wolf from Financially Free
- EstateGuru 0.5% Cashback August Campaign
- Inveslar Spanish Property Crowdfunding Platform Review 2019
- How to Transfer Fiat Currency to a Crypto Exchange
- Mintos Review – 11.42% Returns on Over €150,000 Invested (Updated Nov 2019)
- My P2P Lending Platform Investment Returns in 2019
- The Best Crypto-Backed P2P Lending Platforms in 2019
- Envestio Review – Why I Don’t Invest on this Lending Platform
- Mintos Invest & Access Review October 2019 | 12.76% Returns on €25,000 Invested
- Lending Platform Lendy Goes Bust – Lessons Learnt
- Gambling v Investing: The Similarities and Differences
- Should You Buy North or South Facing Property in Spain?
- Investing in Buy-to-Sell Spanish Property Through Housers – A Case Study
I also write about other general business topics:
- Recruiting Successfully
- Best Payment Gateways for WordPress Businesses (apart from Stripe)
- Can You Withdraw Money from 2Checkout to TransferWise Borderless?
- How to Buy App Store Software for Your Team
- Banqia Review – Not Trustworthy
- The Tax Benefits of Residing in Andorra
- The Best Networking and Personal Development Groups for Entrepreneurs
- The Science of Pricing (Infographic)
- Currency Conversions: Your Bank VS Currencyfair VS Transferwise
- PayPal Stiffs Sellers With Changes in Refund Policy
- Should You Withdraw From PayPal to Card or Bank Account?
- Where to Buy and Sell Websites – The Best Brokers and Marketplaces
- Most Efficient European Tax Structures for Company Owners in 2019
- How to Check the Instant Payment Notification (IPN) History in PayPal
- Linking Virtual Bank Accounts and Cards to PayPal (Revolut, TransferWise etc)
- Bank Accounts in Malta – HSBC VS BOV
- Documenting Procedures Using Screencasts
- All About Transferwise Borderless Banking
- The Cheapest Way to Pay Remote Workers in the Philippines for a European Company
- Improve Your Productivity By Using the Pomodoro Technique
Noting down life lessons as I stumble through life is also something I do here.
- Keeping a List of Books You’ve Read
- What Would Jesus Do?
- Using Evernote to Organise and De-Clutter My Life
- The Inbox Zero Concept
- The Value of Silent Retreats
- A Few Thoughts, Questions, and Realisations
I also write about these other topics:
The rest of my articles that don’t fit in any of the above categories can be found in the General category.
Products I Use
I’m very passionate about products, and one of my hobbies consists of researching and trying out products.
I’ve written a post about how I found my ideal hosting for my WordPress sites, so you should definitely check that out if you want to know more about my selection process.
For a quick recommendation, however, these are my favorite web hosts:
High traffic sites:
The first thing you need when starting a new website is, of course, a domain name.
- Namesilo is where I’ve got most of my domains registered, they offer free WHOIS protection. Their .com domain registrations start from $8.99.
- Namecheap is where I register my .io domains. Prices for domains start at $3.98.
I recommend Freedom.to if you are looking for a cross-platform solution for blocking out distracting websites for stretches of time. It works flawlessly and will repay your investment very quickly. It is one of my essential tools since I suffer from the shiny object syndrome.
Similar applications are Focus and Self Control. Freedom is the only cross-platform solution at the moment. K9 web protection was also a good solution in the past but it seems to have been abandoned in recent years.
Music for Working
Here are my favorite sites/apps for listening to music while working:
If you require any other recommendations for resources not listed here, just get in touch and I’ll do my best to help you out.
Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links and I will earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you purchase through those links. These are all products/services that I currently use or have used before and I am recommending them because they are helpful and are companies that I trust.