Welcome to my personal blog! I’m Jean Galea, a thirty-something man currently residing in Barcelona. If you want to learn more about me, check out the about page.
Online investing is a topic I’m passionate about and one I write about a lot on this blog. Here are some of my top posts on this topic:
- The Best Crypto-Backed P2P Lending Platforms in 2020
- Envestio Review 2020 – Why I Don’t Invest on this Lending Platform
- Mintos Invest & Access Review January 2020 | 12.76% Returns on €25,000 Invested
- Lending Platform Lendy Goes Bust – Lessons Learnt
- Gambling v Investing: The Similarities and Differences
- Should You Buy North or South Facing Property in Spain?
- Investing in Buy-to-Sell Spanish Property Through Housers – A Case Study
- How to Evaluate Private Real Estate Investment Proposals
- How I Evaluate Online Investment Platforms – Avo Owner Case Study
- 5 Equity Crowdfunding Myths You Probably Believe
- The 4 Golden Rules of Effective Portfolio Management
- Why You Should Consider Investing in Baltic Real Estate through ReInvest24
- Best UK Real Estate Crowdfunding Platforms
- Debitum Network Review 2020 – Investing in a Decentralized P2P Lending Platform
- Analysis of the Real Estate Market in Barcelona in 2019
- Privalore Review – Investing in Buy-to-Sell Spanish Property
- The Different Ways of Investing in Real Estate Crowdfunding Properties
- Should I Buy or Rent a Garage / Parking Space for My Car?
- Why to Obtain Real Estate Finance from Real Estate Crowdfunding Platforms
- Should You Invest in Peer-to-Peer Lending?
I also write about other general business topics:
- The Mini One Stop Shop System for European VAT
- Accepting Credit Card Payments via Braintree in Europe
- Pay Per Click 101
- Is It Really That Easy to Make Money Online?
- Changing Your PayPal Withdrawal Currency
- How to Compare Tax Rates Online
- Podcasting Learning Resources
- How to Save Money on Currency Conversions and Overseas Transfers in 2020
- Which PayPal Account is Best for You?
- Exchange Rates in Malta
- Are You Losing out from PayPal’s Exchange Rates?
- How Startup Funding Works – Infographic
- Do You Make This PayPal Currency Conversion Mistake?
- Affiliates vs Referrals
- Earn Money Online From Video Tutorials
- What is EPC and Why Should You Care?
Noting down life lessons as I stumble through life is also something I do here.
- Amateurs VS Professionals
- Why You Should Avoid Herbalife and Other MLM Bullshit
- Careful with Buying the Digital Nomad in Thailand Dream
- Intermittent Fasting
- My Take on Nationality
- Getting Your Priorities Straight
- How Poker Can Improve Your Self-Confidence
- Best Skeptic Resources
- Practical Mindfulness – Dealing with Irritation
- How to Determine Your Chronotype and Plan Accordingly
- Navigating Through Life’s Scams, Quackery, Fake Science and Outright Bullshit
- Avoiding Smartphone and Social Media addiction
- Your Life in Perspective
- My Thoughts on Formal Education and University Degrees
- How the Dickens Process Can Completely Change Your Outlook to Life
- My Thoughts on Vaccines and Vaccinations
- Find Three Hobbies
- The Power of the Caffeine Power Nap
- Do You Spend Your Time Differently than the Majority?
- On Learning New Languages
I also write about these other topics:
The rest of my articles that don’t fit in any of the above categories can be found in the General category.
Products I Use
I’m very passionate about products, and one of my hobbies consists of researching and trying out products.
I’ve written a post about how I found my ideal hosting for my WordPress sites, so you should definitely check that out if you want to know more about my selection process.
For a quick recommendation, however, these are my favorite web hosts:
High traffic sites:
The first thing you need when starting a new website is, of course, a domain name.
- Namesilo is where I’ve got most of my domains registered, they offer free WHOIS protection. Their .com domain registrations start from $8.99.
- Namecheap is where I register my .io domains. Prices for domains start at $3.98.
I recommend Freedom.to if you are looking for a cross-platform solution for blocking out distracting websites for stretches of time. It works flawlessly and will repay your investment very quickly. It is one of my essential tools since I suffer from the shiny object syndrome.
Similar applications are Focus and Self Control. Freedom is the only cross-platform solution at the moment. K9 web protection was also a good solution in the past but it seems to have been abandoned in recent years.
Music for Working
Here are my favorite sites/apps for listening to music while working:
If you require any other recommendations for resources not listed here, just get in touch and I’ll do my best to help you out.
Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links and I will earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you purchase through those links. These are all products/services that I currently use or have used before and I am recommending them because they are helpful and are companies that I trust.